Job Title: EFL Teacher (Summer School)
Summer school teachers will plan, prepare, and teach classes for our summer school students between the ages of 11 and 15. They will also take part in afternoon activities and support the Activity Leader. The summer school will run for 6 weeks from 11/07/2022 and candidates must be available for the full 6 weeks. Staff are also required to attend a one-week training and induction programme the week before the summer school starts (w.c 04/07/2022).
- Create a positive learning environment and take all necessary measures to ensure students get the most out of the lessons and enjoy themselves.
- Prepare lessons to a high standard to suit the needs of the students using the materials provided
- Place great emphasis on oral communication both inside and outside the classroom
- Participate in afternoon activities and always ensure the safety and welfare of students
- Attend the staff induction and assist with the centre set up as required
- Meet parents to pick up students in the afternoon (as decided by the Academic Lead on a rota system)
- Complete all class registers, work records, reports and certificates as required
- Assist with the placement testing and the marking of tests
- Integrate the excursions into the classroom using link lessons
- Maintain discipline and ensure that students understand what is needed of them
- Report any issues with discipline, welfare or safeguarding to the Academic Lead or DoS
- Supervise students during lunch times and break times (as decided by the Academic Lead on a rota system)
- Be punctual for all lessons, activities, and excursions
- Always maintain an entirely professional manner in all dealings with students, group leaders and staff
- Dress appropriately at all times
- Complete monthly timesheets
- Attend and contribute positively to all staff meetings and CPD sessions
- Comply with all MC Academy’s policies and handbooks
- This job description is an outline of your main responsibilities. Within the context of your contract of employment, the company may, within reason, request you undertake other tasks and duties as needs dictate.
- CELTA /Trinity Cert TESOL
- Educated to degree level
- Eligibility to work full time in the UK
- Energy and enthusiasm
- A desire to work with young people from different cultures
- Willingness to participate in and oversee afternoon activities
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience of working in a summer school or working with young learners
- Creative ideas for classroom project work
- Willingness to learn and adopt new teaching methods
- A qualification in teaching English to young learners
£500 per week (depending on experience).
- Teachers will work between the hours of 8:30am and 6pm, with a minimum of 15 teaching hours. Some flexibility may be needed.
- Teachers will be required to take part in daily afternoon activities.
- Breakfast and Lunch included.
Monday, 4th July 2022.
Temporary Fixed-Term Contact – 7 Weeks.
MC Academy is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. MC Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate recruitment and safeguarding checks as well as provide proof of the right to work in the UK.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN MC ACADEMY?
The most central English language school in Manchester.