Job Title: EFL Teacher
MC Academy is looking for enthusiastic and talented EFL teachers. Candidates will teach General English classes from Beginner to Advanced level to both adults and young learners. We also offer exam preparation courses such as IELTS and specialist courses such as our pre-sessional course which includes EAP classes for university preparation.
Our classes are currently mostly hybrid, with some online students attending the face-to-face classes.
- Attend online induction and any further tech training sessions.
- Teach online classes using Zoom.
- Complete weekly plans for all classes using Google Docs.
- Attend CPD’s/teacher meetings on zoom (at least once a month).
- Report any non-attendees to compliance (weekly).
- Maintain class lists on Moodle.
- Ensure material and activities on Moodle are up-to-date.
- Adhere to the safeguarding policy, attend training in this regard and follow procedures.
- Ensure you have up-to-date versions of necessary software (including a Google account).
- Maintain contact with the school and respond to messages and emails in a timely manner.
- Ensure you have good internet connectivity if working from home.
- Complete the teacher handover document to the cover teacher or new teacher, including student emails.
- Educated to degree level.
- Cambridge CELTA or Trinity Cert TESOL.
- Flexibility regarding levels taught.
- All staff are required to complete an Enhanced DBS Check and complete an online Safeguarding course.
- Eligible to work and live in the UK.
- Minimum of two years teaching experience.
- Familiarity with online teaching tools such as Zoom.
- An awareness of issues when teaching hybrid classes.
- Experience preparing students for the IELTS exam.
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Hours vary from 8AM– 6PM from Monday to Friday.
MC Academy is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. MC Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate recruitment and safeguarding checks as well as provide proof of the right to work in the UK.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN MC ACADEMY?
The most central English language school in Manchester.