Staff Recruitment at MC Academy.
MC Academy welcomes enthusiastic and passionate individuals to our team.
If you are interested in working with us, please get in touch.
Job Title: EFL Teacher
About MC Academy
MC Academy opened in 2005 in Manchester City Centre. MC Academy is accredited by the British Council and are members of English UK. We provide English Language courses to Adults and Young Learners year-round.
MC Academy is looking for enthusiastic and talented EFL teachers. Candidates will teach General English classes from Beginner to Advanced level to both adults and young learners. We also offer exam preparation courses such as IELTS, FCE, and CAE in addition to our pre-sessional course which includes EAP classes for university preparation.
Due to COVID-19 our business has developed its teaching platforms, you will be expected to teach students in a variety of contexts i.e. face to face, online or hybrid classes. Training for this will be provided depending on your experience.
- Teaching one or more of the following courses for up to 30 hours per week between the hours of 08:30 and 18:00 (teachers on a zero-hour contract are required to be in school at least 10 minutes before the start of their first class).
- Teaching students of all ages from Beginner to Advanced level.
- Have a flexible approach to teaching different classes/ levels/ cover classes.
- Follow the prescribed course programme and employ any supplementary materials, adding to the course syllabus when required.
- Be sensitive to the different cultural backgrounds in the classroom, don’t include topics that could be potentially offensive.
- Liaise with other teachers when levels are shared (refer to the timetable).
- Liaise with administration with regard to student information, i.e. low attendance, student extending their course.
- Report any areas of welfare and safeguarding concern to the safeguarding lead, particularly regarding under 18’s, this includes lateness or attendance issues.
- Maintain student discipline and report any problems.
- Ensure classrooms are kept tidy and appropriately organised for the lesson, i.e. arranging tables accordingly.
- Continue to develop own teaching skills, attend CPD sessions and internal workshops.
- Ensure all administrative tasks are fully completed and on time (weekly plans, Friday test scores, ILPs, progress reports).
- Ensure that all MC Academy’s policies are implemented and monitored.
- Ensure that adequate preparation is done prior to the class.
- Keep accurate records of work and attendance.
- Give out and correct homework on a daily basis.
- Assess student progress on a weekly basis and record results in registers.
- Monitor progress and put students forward for a level test, submitting written work and spoken assessment.
- Attend and contribute in monthly teachers’ meetings.
- Complete the teacher handover document to the cover teacher or new teacher.
- Be observed three times a year (Standardisation, Peer and Developmental Observations).
Online Teaching Responsibilities
- Attend online induction and any further tech training sessions.
- Teach online classes using Zoom.
- Complete weekly plans for all classes using Google Docs.
- Attend CPD’s/teacher meetings on zoom (at least once a month).
- Report any non-attendees to compliance (weekly).
- Maintain class lists on Moodle.
- Ensure material and activities on Moodle are up-to-date.
- Adhere to the safeguarding policy, attend training in this regard and follow procedures.
- Ensure you have up-to-date versions of necessary software (including a Google account).
- Maintain contact with the school and respond to messages and email in a timely manner.
- Ensure you have good internet connectivity if working from home.
- Complete the teacher handover document to the cover teacher or new teacher, including student emails.
Minimum Application Requirements
- Educated to degree level.
- Cambridge CELTA or Trinity Cert TESOL is required.
- A minimum of two years teaching experience is required.
- All staff are required to complete an Enhanced DBS Check and complete an online Safeguarding course.
- Eligible to work and live in the UK.
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Hours vary from 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
MC Academy is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. MC Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate recruitment and safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of the right to work in the UK.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN MC ACADEMY?
The most central English language school in Manchester.